Get to know Martin - our Pioneer from Munich
Explore the possibilities of urban mobility with unu Pioneers! This article is about Martin, one of our Munich pioneers, meeting you in Giesing and also a dedicated unu rider. He can offer you the test ride experience with an unu Scooter Pro or unu Move Scooter. Take a free test ride of the unu e-scooter and experience the freedom of electric transportation.
- How long have you been unu Pioneer, and what do you like about it / what is particularly exciting? I've been a part of it since July 2021. I particularly like that you connect with so many people from various walks of life. Typically, I work for the city as an electrical planner, and the work as a Pioneer brings in a perfect variety. I would also like to emphasize the cooperation with Sebastian, my Regional Sales Manager. He always has an open ear and actively supports me.
- Can you give us an insight into your day as an unu Pioneer? What does a typical day with the unu scooter look like for you, and how do you use the unu scooter for yourself? I am mostly out and about when the weather cooperates with the scooter. I use it to go to meetings with friends, to go shopping, or the classic way to work. The scooter also cuts a good figure with two people.
- How do your test rides typically work? First, I introduce the functions of the scooter. After a brief check of the driver's license, I let the people ride right away. At first, most of them are still hesitant, but after 5 minutes, they usually get the hang of it and ride it on the road. They always come back with big smiles on their faces. Afterward, I answer all their questions about the scooter, the funding from the city of Munich, and personal matters.
- Have the test riders already had experience with (e)scooters? Many have already ridden the sharing e-scooters or a classic one.
- Is there a particular route you recommend to your test riders or one specific place where you like to test ride, and why? I usually start my rides in Untergiesing at Café Gans Woanders. Here I guide the riders up the Giesinger Berg to the Grünwalder Stadion and then back via Candidplatz. Here one has everything at possibilities for the short driving time inside, which meets one in the city in such a way at road surface etc. From cobblestones to mountain driving, as well as a nice straight stretch, everything is there.
- What surprised the test drivers? The fact that the unu is so quiet surprises most of them. They were also impressed by the design, the ease of use, and the large helmet compartment.
- Can you give our readers tips and tricks on what they should look out for when riding an unu scooter? Have fun and enjoy the freedom and drive carefully. A charged battery would also be an advantage, of course.