Information on the collection of personal data and contact details of the responsible person
- We are pleased that you are visiting our website and thank you for your interest. In the following we inform you about the handling of your personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data with which you can be personally identified.
- The person responsible for data processing on this website within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is unu GmbH, Tempelhofer Ufer 17, 10963 Berlin, Germany, Tel.: +49 (0) 30 220 1212 98, E-Mail: email@example.com. The controller of personal data shall be the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
- The person responsible has appointed a data protection officer who can be reached as follows: "IITR Datenschutz GmbH, Marienplatz 2, 80331 München, telephone: +49 89 189 173 60, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- This website uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (e.g. orders or enquiries to the responsible person). You can recognize an encrypted connection by the character string "https://" and the lock symbol in your browser line.
Data collection when visiting our website
If you only use our website for information purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called "server log files"). When you call up our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display the website to you:
- Our visited website
- Date and time at the time of access
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source/reference from which you came to the page
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used (if applicable: in anonymous form)
Processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data will not be passed on or used in any other way. However, we reserve the right to subsequently check the server log files if there are concrete indications of illegal use.
- In order to make visiting our website attractive and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called cookies on various pages. These are small text files that are stored on your mobile device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the end of the browser session, i.e. after closing your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your terminal and enable us or our partner companies (third-party cookies) to recognize your browser the next time you visit (persistent cookies). If cookies are set, they collect and process certain user information such as browser and location data as well as IP address values to an individual extent. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie.
- If personal data are also processed by individual cookies implemented by us, the processing takes place in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR to safeguard our legitimate interests in the best possible functionality of the website and a customer-friendly and effective design of the page visit.
- We may work with advertising partners to help us make our website more interesting to you. For this purpose, cookies from partner companies will also be stored on your hard drive (cookies from third parties) when you visit our website. If we cooperate with the aforementioned advertising partners, you will be informed individually and separately about the use of such cookies and the scope of the information collected in each case within the following paragraphs.
- Please note that you can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and can decide individually whether to accept them or whether to exclude the acceptance of cookies in certain cases or in general. Each browser differs in the way it manages cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings. These can be found for the respective browsers under the following links:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
Please note that if cookies are not accepted, the functionality of our website may be restricted.
Within the scope of contacting us (e.g. via contact form or e-mail), personal data is collected. Which data is collected in the case of a contact form, is apparent from the respective contact form. These data are stored and used exclusively for the purpose of answering your request or for establishing contact and the associated technical administration. The legal basis for the processing of the data is our legitimate interest in responding to your request pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR. If your contact is aimed at the conclusion of a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR. Your data will be deleted after the final processing of your request, this is the case if the circumstances indicate that the matter in question has been conclusively clarified and provided there are no legal obligations to retain data.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter
- If you subscribe to our e-mail newsletter, we will regularly send you information about our offers. Your e-mail address is the only mandatory information for sending the newsletter. The provision of any further data is voluntary and will be used to address you personally. We use the so-called double opt-in procedure to send the newsletter. This means that we will only send you an e-mail newsletter after you have expressly confirmed that you agree to receive the newsletter. We will then send you a confirmation e-mail asking you to click on a link to confirm that you wish to receive our newsletter in the future.
- By activating the confirmation link, you consent to the use of your personal data in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR. When you register for the newsletter, we store your IP address entered by the Internet Service Provider (ISP) as well as the date and time of registration in order to be able to track any possible misuse of your e-mail address at a later point in time. The data collected by us when registering for the newsletter will be used exclusively for the purposes of advertising by way of the newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time via the link provided for this purpose in the newsletter or by sending a corresponding message to the responsible person named at the beginning. After you have unsubscribed, your e-mail address will be immediately deleted from our newsletter distribution list unless you have expressly consented to the further use of your data or unless we reserve the right to make further use of your data, which is permitted by law and about which we inform you in this declaration.
Use of Youtube videos
- This website uses the Youtube embedding feature to view and play videos from "Youtube", a provider owned by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google").
- Regardless of whether the embedded videos are played or not, each time you visit this site, you will be connected to the Google DoubleClick network, which may trigger further data processing operations without our control.
- Google LLC, headquartered in the USA, is certified for the us-European privacy agreement "Privacy Shield", which ensures compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU.
- Further information on data protection at "YouTube" can be found in the provider's data protection declaration at: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy
- DoubleClick by Google
- This website uses the online marketing tool DoubleClick by Google of the operator Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("DoubleClick").
- In addition, DoubleClick may use cookie IDs to collect conversions related to ad requests. This is the case, for example, when a user sees a DoubleClick ad and later uses the same browser to visit the advertiser's website and buy something there. According to Google, DoubleClick cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information.
- Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Google server. We have no influence on the extent and the further use of the data, which are raised by the employment of this tool by Google and inform you therefore according to our state of knowledge: By the integration of DoubleClick Google receives the information that you called the appropriate part of our Internet appearance or clicked on an announcement of us. If you are registered with a Google service, Google can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, it is possible that the provider may find out and store your IP address.
- If you wish to opt out of participating in this tracking process, you can disable cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain www.googleadservices.com, https://www.google.de/settings/ads, which is deleted when you delete your cookies. Alternatively, you can contact the Digital Advertising Alliance at the Internet address www.aboutads.info to find out about the setting of cookies and configure your settings. Finally, you can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and decide individually on their acceptance or exclude the acceptance of cookies in certain cases or generally. If cookies are not accepted, the functionality of our website may be restricted.
- Google LLC, headquartered in the USA, is certified for the us-European privacy agreement "Privacy Shield", which ensures compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU.
- Usage of Google AdWords Conversion-Tracking
- This website uses the online advertising program "Google AdWords" and, as part of Google AdWords, the conversion tracking of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"). We use the services of Google Adwords to draw attention to our attractive offers with the help of advertising media (so-called Google Adwords) on external websites. In relation to the data of the advertising campaigns, we can determine how successful the individual advertising measures are. We pursue with it the interest to show you advertisement which is of interest for you, to make our website more interesting for you and to achieve a fair calculation of advertising costs.
- The Conversion Tracking cookie is set when a user clicks on an AdWords ad placed by Google. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer system. These cookies usually lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of this website and the cookie has not expired, Google and we may recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was directed to that page. Each Google AdWords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies can therefore not be tracked via the websites of AdWords customers. The information collected using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for AdWords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. Customers see the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, you will not receive any information that personally identifies users. If you do not wish to participate in tracking, you can block this use by turning off the Google Conversion Tracking cookie in your Internet browser under User Preferences. They will then not be included in the conversion tracking statistics. We use Google Adwords because of our legitimate interest in targeted advertising pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
- You can permanently deactivate cookies for advertisement preferences by preventing them by setting your browser software accordingly or by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin?hl=en
- Usage of Affiliate-programs
- We participate in the Performance Advertising Network of AWIN AG, Eichhornstraße 3, 10785 Berlin (hereinafter referred to as "AWIN"). As part of its tracking services, AWIN stores cookies to document transactions (e.g. leads and sales) on the end devices of users who visit or use the websites or other online services of its customers (e.g. register for a newsletter or place an order in an online shop). These cookies serve the sole purpose of correctly allocating the success of an advertising medium and the corresponding billing within the framework of its network.
- In a cookie, only the information about when a certain advertising medium was clicked on by a terminal device is placed. In the AWIN Tracking Cookies, an individual sequence of digits is stored, which cannot be assigned to the individual user, with which the partner program of an advertiser, the publisher, the time of the user's action (click or view) is documented. AWIN also collects information about the mobile device from which a transaction is performed, for example, the operating system and the calling browser. If the information also contains personal data, the processing described is based on our legitimate financial interest in processing commission payments with AWIN pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
- If you do not wish cookies to be stored in your browser, you can do this by setting your browser accordingly. You can disable the storage of cookies in your respective browser under Extras/Internet Options, limit it to certain websites or set your browser to notify you when a cookie is sent. Please note, however, that in this case you must expect a restricted presentation of the online offers and a restricted user guidance. You can also delete cookies at any time. In this case, the information stored in it is removed from your mobile device.
- This site uses technology from Outbrain Inc. ("Outbrain", 39 W 13th Street New York, NY 10011 USA). This makes it possible to target or collect analytics regarding those internet users with advertisements who have already been interested in our offers on our partners' websites. The technology depends on cookie-based analysis of user's behavior. This advertisement will only appear on Outbrain, either on the Outbrain Engage or the Outbrain Extended Network. If you do not want to see interest-based advertising, you can disable this feature here. https://www.outbrain.com/legal/privacy#advertising_behavioral_targeting
- DoubleClick by Google
Web Analytics Services
- Google (Universal) Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including your abbreviated IP address) will generally be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
- This website uses Google Analytics exclusively with the extension "_anonymizeIp()", which ensures an anonymization of the IP address by shortening and excludes a direct personal reference. By the extension your IP address will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area before. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. In these exceptional cases, this processing takes place in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f DSGVO on the basis of our legitimate interest in the statistical analysis of user behaviour for optimisation and marketing purposes.
- On our behalf, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide us with other services relating to website activity and Internet usage. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not combined with other data from Google.
- As an alternative to the browser plug-in or for browsers on mobile devices, please click on the following link in order to set an opt-out cookie which disables Google Analytics to collect data on this website in the future (this opt-out cookie only functions for this browser and this domain. If you delete your cookies on this browser, you must click again on this link): Disable Google Analytics
- Hotjar (hotjar Ltd.)
- This website uses the web analysis service Hotjar of Hotjar Ltd.. Hotjar Ltd. is a European company based in Malta (Hotjar Ltd, Level 2, St Julians Business Centre, 3, Elia Zammit Street, St Julians STJ 1000, Malta, Europe Tel: +1 (855) 464-6788).
- With this tool, movements on the websites on which Hotjar is used can be traced (so-called heat maps). For example, it can be seen how far users scroll and which buttons users click and how often. The tool can also be used to obtain feedback directly from website users. In this way we obtain valuable information in order to make our websites even faster and more customer-friendly. The above analysis is carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests for optimisation and marketing purposes and the design of our website in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. When using this tool, we pay particular attention to the protection of your personal data. So we can only see which buttons you click and how far they scroll. Hotjar automatically hides areas of the website where personal information about you or third parties is displayed, and is therefore not traceable at any time.
- Hotjar offers every user the possibility to prevent the use of the Hotjar tool with the help of a "Do Not Track Header", so that no data about the visit of the respective website is recorded. This is a setting that supports all common browsers in current versions. Your browser sends a request to Hotjar to deactivate the tracking of the respective user. If you use our website with different browsers/computers, you must set up the "Do Not Track Header" separately for each of these browsers/computers.
- Detailed instructions with information about your browser can be found at: https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out
- More information about Hotjar Ltd. and the Hotjar tool can be found at: https://www.hotjar.com
- Google (Universal) Analytics
Retargeting/ Remarketing/ referral advertising
- Facebook Custom Audience
- This website uses the "Facebook pixel" of Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA ("Facebook"). If explicit consent is given, it can be used to track the behavior of users after they have seen or clicked on a Facebook ad. This process is used to evaluate the effectiveness of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes and can help to optimize future advertising measures.
- The collected data is anonymous for us and does not give us any information about the identity of the user. However, the data is stored and processed by Facebook so that a connection to the respective user profile is possible and Facebook can use the data for its own advertising purposes in accordance with the Facebook Data Usage Guidelines (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/). You can enable Facebook and its affiliates to serve ads on and off Facebook. A cookie can also be stored on your computer for these purposes. These processing operations shall only take place if express consent is granted in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
- Consent to the use of the Facebook pixel may only be given by users who are older than 13 years of age. If you are younger, please ask your parent or guardian for permission.
- Facebook Inc., headquartered in the USA, is certified for the u.s. Privacy Shield Agreement, which ensures compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU.
- Google AdWords Remarketing
- Our website uses the functions of Google AdWords Remarketing, hereby we advertise this website in the Google search results, as well as on third party websites. Provider is Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"). For this purpose, Google places a cookie in the browser of your terminal device, which automatically uses a pseudonymous cookie ID and on the basis of the pages visited by you an interest-based advertising. Processing takes place on the basis of our legitimate interest in the optimal marketing of our website in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
- Any further processing will only take place if you have consented to Google's linking your Internet and app browsing history to your Google Account and if information from your Google Account is used to personalize ads you view on the web. In this case, if you are logged in to Google during your visit to our website, Google will use your information in conjunction with Google Analytics data to create and define target audience lists for cross-device remarketing. Google will temporarily link your personal data with Google Analytics data in order to form target groups.
- You can permanently disable the setting of cookies for ad preferences by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available from the following link: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/
- Alternatively, you can contact the Digital Advertising Alliance at the Internet address www.aboutads.info to find out about the setting of cookies and configure your settings. Finally, you can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and decide individually on their acceptance or exclude the acceptance of cookies in certain cases or generally. If cookies are not accepted, the functionality of our website may be restricted.
- Facebook Custom Audience
Usage of Live-Chat-Systems
- This website uses technology from Intercom, Inc., 2nd Floor, Stephen Court, 18-21 St. Stephen's Green, Dublin 2, Ireland, (www.intercom.com) to collect and store anonymous data for web analytics purposes and to operate the live chat system to respond to live support requests. This anonymous data can be used to create user profiles under a pseudonym. Cookies can be used for this purpose. Cookies are small text files that are stored locally in the cache of the Internet browser of the page visitor. The cookies enable the recognition of the Internet browser. Insofar as the information collected in this way is personally identifiable, it is processed in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f DSGVO on the basis of our legitimate interest in effective customer service and the statistical analysis of user behaviour for optimisation purposes.
- The data collected using the Intercom technologies will not be used to personally identify the visitor to this website and will not be merged with personal data relating to the bearer of the pseudonym without the express consent of the person concerned. In order to avoid the storage of intercom cookies, you can set your Internet browser so that no cookies can be stored on your computer in the future or cookies that have already been stored are deleted. Disabling all cookies may, however, mean that some functions on our Internet pages can no longer be executed. You can object to the collection and storage of data for the purpose of creating a pseudonymised user profile at any time with effect for the future by sending us your objection informally by e-mail to the e-mail address stated in the imprint.
- On our website we use Google Maps (API) from Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"). Google Maps is a web service for displaying interactive (land) maps to visually display geographic information. Using this service will show you our location and make it easier for you to reach us.
- Already when you call up the subpages in which the Google Maps map is integrated, information about your use of our website (such as your IP address) is transferred to Google's servers in the USA and stored there. This occurs regardless of whether Google provides a user account that you are logged in to or whether there is no user account. When you're logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not want your profile to be associated with Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data (even for users who are not logged in) as usage profiles and evaluates them. The collection, storage and evaluation are carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit.f GDPR on the basis of Google's legitimate interests in the display of personalised advertising, market research and/or the demand-oriented design of Google websites. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, and you must contact Google to exercise this right.
Rights of the data subject
The applicable data protection law grants you comprehensive rights (information and intervention rights) vis-à-vis the person responsible with regard to the processing of your personal data, about which we will inform you below:
- Right of access pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR: In particular, you have a right of access to your personal data processed by us, the processing purposes, the categories of personal data processed, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period or the planned storage period. the criteria for determining the storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing, objection to processing, complaint to a supervisory authority, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us from you, the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information on the logic involved and the scope and desired effects of such processing concerning you, as well as your right to be informed of the guarantees pursuant to Art. 46 GDPR in the event of transfer of your data to third countries;
- Right of rectification according to art. 16 GDPR: You have the right of immediate rectification of incorrect data concerning you and/or completion of incomplete data stored by us;
- Right to deletion pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR: You have the right to demand the deletion of your personal data if the requirements of Art. 17 para. 1 GDPR are met. However, this right shall not apply in particular if the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Right to limitation of processing pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR: You have the right to demand limitation of processing of your personal data as long as the correctness of your data is verified, which you dispute, if you refuse to delete your data due to inadmissible data processing and instead demand limitation of processing of your data, if you need your data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, after we no longer need this data after achieving the purpose, or if you have lodged an objection due to your particular situation, as long as it is not yet clear whether our legitimate reasons prevail;
- Right to information pursuant to Art. 19 GDPR: If you have exercised your right to rectify, cancel or limit the processing of your personal data against the controller, the latter is obliged to notify all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of such rectification, cancellation or limitation, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. They shall have the right to be informed of such recipients.
- Right to data transfer in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR: You have the right to receive your personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another responsible person as far as this is technically feasible;
- Right to revoke consent granted pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR: You have the right to revoke consent once granted for the processing of data at any time with effect for the future. In the event of revocation, we will immediately delete the data concerned, unless further processing can be based on a legal basis for processing without consent. The revocation of the consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent up to the revocation;
- Right to appeal pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR: If you believe that the processing of your personal data is in breach of the GDPR, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State in which you are located, at your place of work or at the place where the alleged infringement is alleged, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy.
Right of objection
- If we process your personal data as part of a weighing of interests on the basis of our predominantly legitimate interest, you have the right at any time to object to this processing with effect for the future for reasons arising from your particular situation.
- If you make use of your right of objection, we will stop processing the data concerned. However, we reserve the right to further processing if we can prove compelling grounds for processing worthy of protection which outweigh their interests, fundamental rights and fundamental freedoms, or if the processing serves the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- If your personal data is processed by us for the purpose of direct advertising, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of such advertising. You can exercise the opposition as described above.
- If you make use of your right of objection, we will stop processing the data concerned for direct marketing purposes.
Duration of storage of personal data
The duration of the storage of personal data is determined by the respective legal retention period (e.g. commercial and tax retention periods). After expiry of this period, the corresponding data will be routinely deleted if they are no longer required for contract fulfilment or contract initiation and/or if we do not continue to have a justified interest in further storage.