unu GmbH ('UNU') Guarantees that, when purchasing a new UNU electric scooter ('Vehicle'), i.e. a new UNU electric scooter which has not yet been registered, the condition of the Vehicle, including the battery, corresponds to the state of the art of comparable vehicle types customary in the electric vehicle industry ('Guarantee'). If the actual colour of the goods deviates from the colour representations, especially in the online shop, for technical reasons within the same colour spectrum (e.g. other red shading), such a deviation does not constitute a defect in the goods. It is not covered by this Guarantee.
The Guarantee has a term of two years. It begins with the handover or first registration of the UNU electric scooter, whichever occurs first ("transfer of risk").
If the condition of the new Vehicle does not correspond to the state of the art of comparable vehicle types ("Defect") customary in the electric vehicle industry at the time of transfer of risk, or if such a Defect becomes apparent during the term of the Guarantee, UNU may, at our own discretion, remedy the Defect ("subsequent improvement") or deliver another Vehicle ("subsequent delivery").
In the case of a rework, UNU can replace defective parts or repair them at its own discretion. UNU is entitled to have the rework carried out by an authorized third party ("Service Partner").
The following parts are excluded from the Guarantee:
- parts subject to natural wear and tear (especially brake pads, tyres, shock absorbers, lights, but not the battery); (For the avoidance of any doubt: Although the battery is subject to wear and tear, it is covered by the Guarantee as long as it is stored and handled in accordance with the operating instructions.)
- operating and auxiliary materials, such as hydraulic or brake fluid, oils, greases and other lubricants, seals;
- parts that are regularly replaced during maintenance or care work;
- special equipment not offered as part of the purchase of a vehicle and other accessories not approved by UNU.
Under the following conditions, the policyholder ("you") is entitled to have the Defect rectified:
- The Defect must be reported to UNU or a Service Partner in writing immediately after its discovery. If you do not notify UNU, UNU will immediately inform you of a Service Partner who is entitled to remedy the Defect.
- Afterwards you have to contact the Service Partner named to you to remedy the Defect. Depending on the type of Defect, the Defect will be repaired either in the workshop of the Service Partner or at your site.
- The Service Partner examines the vehicle with regard to the Defect you have complained about. If this investigation shows that there is no Defect covered by this Guarantee, you shall bear the costs incurred for the inspection of the vehicle with regard to the Defect complained of (e.g. for the working time required to inspect the new Vehicle).
- If the inspection shows that a Defect covered by this Guarantee is present, the Service Partner shall remedy it on behalf of UNU, insofar as a subsequent improvement is considered. If a subsequent improvement is not possible and the Defect is to be remedied by subsequent delivery, this shall be carried out directly by UNU.
- If parts of the vehicle are replaced in the course of the repair by the authorised partner, the dismantled parts become the property of UNU.
- This Guarantee extends to the parts installed, painted or repaired as part of the repair. However, the Guarantee period does not begin to run again as a result of the rectification, so that the Guarantee period for the installed, painted or repaired parts is calculated from the original Guarantee period in accordance with section 2 less the time that has already elapsed before the rectification. The Guarantee therefore always runs until the end of the original term for the new Vehicle according to section 2. This also applies if the UNU electric scooter is replaced by a new delivery.
- If the vehicle becomes inoperable due to a Defect, you are obliged to contact us first. If you cannot be reached, you have to contact the nearest Service Partner. Information on the nearest Service Partner can be found at https://unumotors.com/en/support. This establishment shall decide whether the necessary work is to be carried out on the spot or in its workshop.
Warranty obligations do not exist if the damage incurred is causally related to the fact that
- the vehicle has been damaged by accident, other wilful or malicious acts (also by third parties) or by force majeure;
- the regulations concerning the operation, handling and care of the vehicle (e.g. operating instructions) have not been observed;
- the vehicle has been used improperly or improperly (in particular violation of road traffic and vehicle registration regulations);
- the vehicle has been overstressed, e.g. during motor sports competitions or associated practice drives;
- the vehicle has been fitted with parts the use of which has not been approved by us or the vehicle has been modified in a way which has not been approved by UNU;
- the vehicle has previously been improperly repaired, serviced or maintained by yourself or a third party who is not an Service Partner.
Further claims do not exist from this Guarantee. In particular, neither compensation claims, such as the provision of a replacement vehicle for the duration of the repair, collection nor compensation claims are covered.
The present Guarantee does not limit the legal rights, in particular the warranty claims against UNU and possible claims from the product liability law against UNU.